Revised December 10, 2021
Do you want to be part of a well-trained team talented in providing excellent dental care to patients?
Dr. Ochev has an excellent reputation in the community, is known for his integrity, and puts his team and patients first. Our patient-centered practice focuses on health and wellbeing in a professional and respectful environment.
We have a bright, modern office with the latest technology (soft tissue laser and ITero scanner) to deliver the highest level of care.
We are looking for a Part Time RDH with emphasis on Mondays and Tuesdays. Thursdays could become available for the right candidate.
You need to be highly skilled with all aspects of dental hygiene, most importantly patient customer success. You must possess the skills to motivate and instruct patients on methods to prevent oral disease, maintain oral health, and say YES to great comprehensive dental care. Also, you must possess excellent customer service/interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to multi-task.
We are a practice that believes that a happy staff has happy patients. Therefore, we offer competitive compensation, training opportunities and ability to influence equipment decisions. Most of our team has been around 3+ years.
If you want to invest in your long-term success, make a difference in people's lives and be a part of an amazing team, then we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and resume.
Vision of Practice
To do everything possible to help our patients take their teeth into the grave!
Vision/Ideal Outcomes of Position
The Hygienist (RDH) is the mastermind of the office’s Continuing Care program. The RDH will work within the parameters set by the doctor and will develop a hygiene program for our patients that strives to help them understand and become proficient at practicing preventive dentistry. This means not only understanding periodontal disease and treating it effectively, but also taking diagnostic x-rays as necessary, and providing essential education in regards to oral hygiene and overall dental health. It is essential that we help each patient learn something new at each Continuing Care appointment. The Hygienist serves as “co-pilot” in navigating a patient’s plan for long term, complete care. The goal is to work synergistically with the dentist and the team to make sure that every patient receives the best hygiene, restorative and cosmetic care possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Have a passion for excellence in the area of dental hygiene, and the skills to treat periodontal disease effectively while at the same time making the appointment comfortable for the patient.
- Relationship building skills with both staff and patients – saying things to patients like "I look forward to hearing about your trip NV"or "I look forward to seeing the progress on your home care NV."
- Influencing skills to direct patients to better oral health – inspiring not reprimanding.
- Knowledge of practice management software as it pertains to hygiene, treatment planning, and the ability to convey information to the front office accurately and in ways that will help them motivate the patient for excellent dental care. As well as reserving hygiene recare visits.
- Teamwork and leadership skills. Be able to lead meetings and think outside with no shows ie: have running list of patient’s specific appointment time requests.
- Ability to market the practice.
- Excellent verbal skills with patients and staff – knowing the psychology of having positive influence and being able to read patients tone levels.
- Overall understanding of office philosophy and systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and effectively minimizing patient time to get as much done as possible.
- Teaching skills in regards to x-ray, computer and other areas that are important to the hygiene department.
- Excellent eye-hand coordination skills.
- A keen knowledge of hygiene and sterilization concepts.
- A full understanding of existing and emerging technologies that support ideal care- ie utilizing velscope and intraoral camera as much as possible.
- Overall understanding of prosthetics, cosmetic and functional dentistry concepts and the ability to help patients understand why they need to have this work done. Take appropriate time to connect and educate patients with their dental needs and moving to health- note pts that need more time.
Key Performance Standards/Statistics
- Daily, monthly, and yearly office and hygiene production goals achieved.
- Appropriate percentage of Continuing Care patients complying to their intervals.
- Maintain the agreed upon level of CX percentage.
- Support of the overall goals and strategies per the practice’s Annual Plan.
- Patient monitors indicate a 90% case acceptance rate on significant treatment out of the hygiene chair.
- Internal patients generated as a result of AFR.
The number one duty all of employees is patient care and meeting patient needs.
This guide is an outline of duties which generally must be accomplished daily, weekly, and monthly. It is the policy of this office that when you have completed your duties and have free time, you must check to see what needs to be done elsewhere.
- Seat the patient and have the proper set up ready for the procedure.
- Review and update the patient’s medical history, motivators, and concerns including blood pressure and enter in the computer capturing patient’s signature.
- Check the patient’s progress and record the results on the patient’s chart including: previous incomplete treatment plans, oral cancer exam, TMJ exam, occlusal classification, comprehensive periodontal exam and diagnosis.
- Take digital radiographs including vertical and horizontal bitewings, periapicals, full mouth series as well as film panoramic, bitewings, periapicals or occlusals as needed.
- Utilize iTero scanner.
- Take intraoral photographs to complete records and aid in treatment planning.
- Scale, polish and apply fluoride.
- Root planing as appropriate treatment choice.
- Maintain the appearance, disinfection, and function of the hygiene treatment room, sterilization area, instruments and trays.
- Sterilize and sharpen the hygiene instruments.
- Continuously participate in CE to advance clinical/technology skills.
- Educate the patient as to the quality of their dental health during treatment.
- Instruct patient in: tooth brushing technique, flossing technique, aids and proxy brush, perio aides, disclosing methods, electric toothbrushes and waterjets, oral rinses, anti-caries products, and nutrition.
- Help patients want the dentistry they need by educating them on their dental needs.
- Assist the doctor when examining the hygiene patients by informing the doctor about the patient’s case with all pertinent information gathered, as well as pending or rejected treatment and long term plans recording new treatment plans and notes of all pertinent discussions of treatment recommendations and options given.
- Make sure the patient’s record is complete and all services for the day’s treatment are recorded. Yapi out route slip.
- Enter detailed and accurate notes with all the pertinent discussions of treatment recommendations, options, and timeline plans noted in the computer in a joint effort with the doctor when necessary.
- Maintain a full schedule in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Continuing Care supplies and literature.
- Assist the doctor in the clinical treatment of patients as time permits.
- Assist with the Continuing Care system as time permits and help to fill no-shows.
- Hand-off the patient to the doctor and to the front desk.
- Market the practice to patients internally and externally.
- Prepare for patients by reviewing their case to discuss at morning huddle and bring doctor up to speed at their appointment.
- Schedule patient for next hygiene appointment and record reason for return.
- Communicate referral and medical consult information to other offices and patients and follow up on progress of referrals and medical consultation.
Equipment Used (includes but not limited to)
- Intraoral camera
- iTero scanning
- Ultrasonic and micro-ultrasonic
- Hygiene scalers, probe and explorers
- Blood pressure
- Patient education system
It is expected that you will perform any function asked of you knowing that you will never be asked to do anything that is illegal, immoral or unethical. We stand by the vision of the practice to provide an atmosphere of continuous learning and of mutual support where everyone bands together as a team to provide the utmost in care to our patients while honoring each other.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by mail or email to:
Patient Advocate & Chief Administrative Officer
750 Las Gallinas Ave., Ste. 210
San Rafael, CA 94903